Use the Medications tab in Summary Views to review a patient's past and current prescriptions. Summary Views is in the lower left of the patient's clinical record, and you do not need to start an encounter to view it.
Selecting the Include MHR icon will show prescriptions uploaded to MHR by other providers.
Expanding a medication will show the prescriptions. Right-clicking a medication or prescription will provide different options.
To understand the options available when you right-click a prescription, see the Reprints and cancellations guide.
The right-click options for medications include:
- Re-Prescribe Drug – opens the dosage screen with the same medication already selected.
- Prescribe New Strength – searches MIMS for the medication name in order to allow prescribing of a new strength.
- Make Non-Current - Updates the drug's status to one that the patient is not currently taking.
- Edit drug details - Opens the Script Details screen. Changes to the script will be used when re-prescribing.
- Delete this drug - Deletes the drug and all prescriptions for it. This will not delete a drug with electronic prescriptions.