Use the Referrals tab in Summary Views to review or update a patient's referrals, and the Outbox Viewer to see and review all of your outgoing messages.
When you open a patient in clinical, Summary Views will appear on the lower left. You do not need to start an encounter. The Referrals Summary View shows referrals grouped into Pathology, Radiology and Letter.
The status of each referral is indicated as follows: Red icon= Open referral | Green icon = closed referral.
- Right-clicking a Letter gives you the options: View, Edit, Delete, Change Referral Status or Reprint Referral Request.
- Right-clicking a Pathology or Radiology referral gives you the options: Change Referral Status or Reprint Referral Request.
Deleting a Pathology or Radiology referral
You can delete pathology and radiology referrals within the Referrals module by opening the current encounter on the day of that encounter (up until midnight), then selecting right-click > Delete.
Reprint a referral
To reprint a referral:
- Select the Referrals tab in Summary Views.
- Check that the printer contains the correct paper.
- Right-click the referral.
- Select Reprint Referral Request.
- Select the print options.
To send the referral electronically, select Send electronically to all electronic recipients.
To print the referral, the Print Document box must be selected.
- Select OK to action your selections.
The Results Outbox Viewer makes it easy to see all of your outgoing messages and review what has been sent, queued, received successfully, canceled or failed.
To open the Outbox Viewer:
- Select Results on the Clinical Records menu.
- Select Outbox Viewer.
The Outgoing Messages screen will open.
The following display options are available.
A - Documents
When selected, you will see what documents have been sent or are queued to be sent.
B - Messaging Acknowledgements
Displays a log of the responses you have sent, if you have enabled response messages after receiving a letter successfully.
C - Transport Response Messages
If you have sent a response message to advise you have received a letter successfully, some providers may send a transport response message. This is to advise you that your response was received. You will find a log of these here.
D - Icon Legend
A list of the message status types.
E - Action Buttons
Use these options to Distribute or Cancel the selected messages.
F - View
This will refresh the list of messages and load the variables that you have selected.
There are 3 options available:
- Queued, but not sent – Shows you all Messages that have yet to be sent.
- Search criteria – Lets you define an addressee, Messaging Status, date and delivery method.
- Failed HL7 Referrals – shows you messages that failed send.