Set up a hospital in Zedmed. This will allow the practice and any of its branches to book hospital appointments and bill health funds or Medicare.
To set up a hospital:
- Go to Zedmed's Management tab.
- Select Practice Setup then select Visit Sites / Hospitals from the list.
This will open the Site Details screen.
- Select New to clear the fields.
- Enter the Site name then select Yes to the save pop-up.
- Select a type.
If the type you need is not there, select Add Type and enter the type name.
- Enter an address and phone number.
- Enter the Facility ID.
This is the hospital's Medicare provider number.
- If you are going to be billing imaging items, enter the hospital's LSPN number.
To learn more, see the Location Specific Practice Number (LSPN) article.
- Select Close to save and exit.
Once the site name has been saved, it cannot be changed.