The practice's clinical Address Book is used to capture contact information for referring doctors, other practitioners, pathology and radiology clinics and hospitals. The Address Book is accessed whenever the user needs to write letters or referrals. It can include the contact's HPI-I so transmitted letters are uploaded to MyHealth record and the secure messaging service used by the contact. When setting up a new contact, you will need to obtain specific information so they can be set up correctly.
Add a contact
To add contacts to the address book:
- Open the Address Book from the Clinical menu.
- Conduct a search to ensure that the contact does not already exist.
- Select Add New.
- Select the Type of Contact from the drop-down field.
The screen will change based on the selection.
- Enter the contact's name and contact information into the fields provided.
- Enter the contact's HPI-I.
Use the Search HI Service button to locate and add the contact's HPI-I. If this is not added, letters sent to the contact will not be uploaded to MyHeatlh records as an HPI-I is needed at both ends of the communication.
- Complete the Messaging section.
This section is for contacts that use a secure messaging service: Argus, Healthlink, Medical Objects and Promedicus. The service will be used to send Referral letters to specialists and hospitals using the letter writer Distribute option.
Check the following:
- The sender and recipient must be set up with the same secure messaging service.
- ESend Transport: will usually be HL7, but check with the contact.
- ESend Address: the email address provided by the contact.
- ESend Method: the secure messaging service the client uses (HealthLink, Argus or Promedicus).
- For Contacts using Medical Objects, see the Medical Objects Knowledge Base.
- Laboratory Details: for Radiology or Pathology contacts.
- Select the Paper Type.
This is the template used to print to the laboratory's paper. The template is created by Zedmed for the laboratory.
- Select if this should be the Preferred Laboratory.
- Select the Paper Type.
- Select OK when you have finished to save your changes.
Add a Secure Send contact
To use Secure Send for laboratory referrals, you must create a pathology addressee with the 'PathologyZedmedRequestForm' template and a radiology addressee with the 'RadiologyZedmedRequestForm' template.
These 2 generic templates are provided by Zedmed for Secure Send, as the other templates are designed to be printed on laboratory-specific paper. These generic templates also support electronic signatures, and the practitioner who is logged in will have their signature automatically added to the referral.
Secure Send is ideal for telehealth and remote consultations where the practitioner cannot print a referral for the patient. Practitioners must select the pathology or radiology address linked to the generic secure send template, and the referral will be sent directly to the patient.